Accomplished communicator with extensive experience in brand management, digital communications, social media, relationship development, measurement, and integrated marketing strategy. Strong leadership, analytical and decision-making skills.
Marketing communications, strategic planning, team leadership, digital marketing, project management, social media, brand management, higher education
Project Manager at mStoner
January 2013 – Present
Ensure that our team delivers business value to our clients, and consistently delivers project commitments on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project and day-to-day client interactions.
- Identify resources needed, secure those resources and assign individual project tasks and responsibilities.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and remove barriers to project success.
- Manage project budget and analyze profit profitability and revenue results.
Director of Digital Marketing and Communications at Webster University
August 2011 – January 2013
Provided University leadership for the development and implementation of integrated marketing and communications strategies designed to attract students and enhance the University’s reputation through the web and social media.
- Developed and implemented strategy for positioning, branding and enhancing the reputation of the University through the web and new media.
- Assumed day-to-day management responsibility for the Webster University home page and attendant sites, and help conceive and develop web content for these sites.
- Established and managed quality standards of digital marketing and communications materials.
- Measured effectiveness of content, messaging, and other strategies in achieving marketing and communications goals.
- Monitored new and emerging technologies and technology applications.
- Supervised a team of direct reports, including positions responsible for web development, web design and content management.
Interactive Media Manager at Webster University
August 2006 – August 2011
- Established and maintained an institutional presence on multiple social media channels that garnered local, regional and national attention.
- Created and managed 400,000 pieces of web content; provided support and training for communications managers and support staff throughout the university.
- Drafted web and social media guidelines for all university employees.
- Prepared monthly analytics report tracking the performance of the university website and social media marketing efforts.
Writer/Editor at Webster University
August 2005 – August 2006
- Wrote and produced quarterly newsletter for the School of Communications.
- Planned, drafted and developed marketing brochures for online learning, academic programs, and graduate admissions.
- Researched and wrote advertising copy for radio and print.
Reporter at Belleville News-Democrat
July 2002 – August 2005
- Developed daily and weekend stories and projects.
- Covered state legislature, local government and various health care issues.
Statehouse Intern at St. Louis Post-Dispatch
January 2002 – July 2002
- Wrote daily stories reporting on Illinois government and elections.
Reporter at Olathe Daily News
August 2000 – August 2001 (1 year 1 month)
Master of Business Administration
Webster University, December 2010
Master of Arts in Public Affairs Reporting
University of Illinois Springfield, May 2002
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Political Science
Saint Louis University, May 2000
St. Louis Society for the Physically Disabled; Greater St. Louis Area Council Boy Scouts of America Integrated Marketing Committee; Social Media Club St. Louis
Honors and Awards
- 2012 CASE Circle of Excellence, Silver Award: Best Use of Social Media
- 2012 St. Louis Web Awards (finalist): Best Use of Twitter to Promote a Business
- 2011 St. Louis Web Awards: Best Personal Blog
- 2010 CASE Circle of Excellence, Bronze Award: Best Use of Social Media